Having a mobile-friendly site is increasingly becoming as important as the desktop version for CRE companies. Mobile sites work in a different way to desktop sites, using screen dimensions adapted to the device, ‘finger-friendly’ buttons and focused text, and faster loading times.
• Between 2011 and 2012, mobile usage in commercial real estate grew by 61%.
• On average, 9% of total website visits in 2012 were through mobile devices – a 225% increase YOY.
• 77% of smartphone users have contacted a business at some point using their mobile device.
• By 2013, mobile phones & tablets will be the most commonly used devices to access websites in the U.S.
• By 2015, out of all handsets sold in mature markets, an astounding 80% will be smartphones.
Traditionally, websites were developed to be viewed on a desktop or laptop. This design does not translate well onto hand held devices, leaving users frustrated with distorted content and slow loading. Studies show that optimizing your website with a mobile-friendly version are more likely to increase the likelihood of returning visitors and drastically reducing bounce rates.
Top Mobile Brands 2012
The above article was written and published by InMotionRealEstate.com.