Last year iProperty Singapore launched the iProperty.com People's Choice Awards. First of its kind in the region, the Awards allowed the property portal to gauge consumer sentiment, as the public voted for their choice of newly-launched properties across 10 categories, giving developers insights into consumer preferences.
This year the second annual iProperty.com People’s Choice Awards has just completed the public voting phase. Members of the public were invited to select their favourites among some 65 nominees, representing property developers, condominiums, home furnishings, and property-related consumer services. The 2013 iProperty.com People’s Choice Awards will name the winners on Thursday, 12th December 2013.
“In a cooling market such as we are now seeing, buyers may become more cautious, and other elements will come into focus such as location, amenities and design. These awards are a measure of the hard work and focus that developers have maintained in creating strong buyer engagement in a more complex market,” said Sean Tan, General Manager of iProperty.com Singapore.
This year, based on feedback from 2012, additional categories have been added to provide a more holistic homeownership view for consumers. New categories include storage providers, since housing space has become less generous that in the past. The complete categories are:
1. Object of Desire Award – The condominium with the best architecture
2. City Slickers Award – The sleekest condominium within the CBD area and Orchard Road
3. Supersize Me Award – A property for multi-generation living that is well-equipped with amenities for the young and old
4. Life’s a Beach Award – A condominium with the best resort ambience
5. Most Popular Property Award (Malaysia, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines) – Properties with awe-inspiring architecture, exquisite craftsmanship, immaculate and sleek interior design, unique amenities, and in a prime location
6. Best Home Mortgage Loan Provider – Banks with comprehensive home loan plans
7. Best Home Insurance Provider – Insurance service providers with the most dependable home insurance plan
8. Best Home Furnishing Store – Most trusted brand for decking out a new home
9. Best Home Storage Brand – Best storage service to store and lock your stuff away securely
10. Best Home Electronics Brand – Most reliable home electronics brand
11. Best Real Estate Investment Company – Real Estate Investment Company you trust with your money
Nominees were shortlisted based on the reputation of developers and service providers as well as popularity among consumers. With the recent spotlight on the property industry, iProperty.com Singapore looks forward to the awards helping consumers with their property choices and providing industry players with better insights into what consumers want.
“We are honoured to be selected for the iProperty.com People’s Choice Awards once again. Winning the 2012 “Staycation” award was an endorsement and confirmation of buyer’s trust of Qingjian’s product ,” said Donald Ng, Senior Marketing Manager of Qingjian Realty (South Pacific) Group Pte Ltd, “As the market matures in Singapore, the overall theme and details of each development would be important to meet the needs and demand of customers here.”
“The iProperty.com People’s Choice Awards is beneficial to developers giving them a better idea of what property buyers look for,” said Mr Getty Goh, Director at real estate research and investment firm Ascendant Assets, “It will be interesting to see what consumers focus on most, since price may slowly become less of a hurdle as the market cools down.”
Previous winners included Gaia by Amerald Land Pte Ltd, H20 Residences and The Palette by City Developments Limited, Altez, eCO, Euhabitat, Seastrand and Skyline @ Orchard Boulevard by Far East Organization, and Riversound Residence by Qing Jian Realty Pte Ltd.
Source: iProperty Singapore
Edited by Gordana Davila