According to a recent digital marketing report by RKG Digital, mobile devices are being used more and more to conduct searches online from looking up a recipe to browsing for a home to purchase. In fact, 34% of US organic search visits in the second quarter of 2014 were conducted on mobile devices such as, a smartphone, laptop or tablet, up from 31% during Q1.
Google’s 36% organic search traffic during the second quarter was attributed to smartphones and tablets, up from 33% in Q1 and 29% in Q2 last year. Mobile devices tallied up 37% share of Yahoo organic search traffic, flat from the prior quarter, up 10% points from Q2 2013. Bing dragged down the overall average as a result of mobile being only 17% of its organic search traffic.
Meanwhile, mobile’s role was just as pronounced in paid search, as smartphones (19%) and tablets (18%) combined to account for 37% of paid search clicks. Despite generating a slightly higher share of clicks than tablets, smartphones drew just 9% of paid search spending, versus 19% captured by tablet traffic. That’s likely due to conversion rates and average order values being far lower on smartphones than on tablets.
The above article was sourced from MarketingCharts.com and edited for publication on Property Portal Watch, the original article can be read in its entirety by clicking here.
About the Data: Figures are derived from samples of RKG clients who have worked with RKG for each respective marketing channel. Where applicable, these samples are restricted to those clients who 1) have maintained active programs with RKG for at least 19 months, 2) have not significantly changed their strategic objectives or product offerings, and 3) meet a minimum ad spend threshold. All trended figures presented in the report represent same-site changes over the given time period. Unless otherwise specified, the data points in this report are derived from the North American market region.