Multinational digital property business REA Group never rests on its laurels. It will detail its latest product Property Platform at this year’s Property Portal Watch Conference in Bangkok.
Scott Holmes is no stranger to PPW conferences. Holmes, who is head of Business Development and Strategy at REA Group has been involved for a number of years and presented at Barcelona 2014, Bangkok 2015 and New York 2016.
This year Holmes says he’ll share with delegates the mechanisms of Property Platform, recently launched by the online real estate giant.
Property Platform allows property developers the ability to manage their own inventory and share it with their global network of re-sellers simultaneously.
This makes it easy for property developers, project marketers and their real estate agents to manage off-the-plan property stock, to help buyers secure their ideal apartment.
"This new, engaging web based platform will empower our developers and project marketers with the functionality to manage and reserve property,” Holmes explains.
Another product of interest the company has recently launched is "Australia’s most sophisticated property recommendation engine" according to Holmes.
“The engine predicts which properties consumers will be interested in based on their search behaviour along with collective data from similar users on realestate.com.au,” he says.
“We can now deliver personalised property recommendations direct to consumers through most Android devices via Now cards in the Google app.”
Holmes observes the wholesale channel market has undergone some dramatic changes in the last 12 months.
“Relationships are becoming a more critical part of the property development wholesale channel market. We’re also seeing more transactions occurring across borders, with a significant amount of activity coming from Asia,” he says.
Holmes adds with REA growing its multi-national presence, he expects there will be a greater emphasis on the global investor and services to support cross-border transactions.
REA Group operates Australia’s leading residential and commercial property websites realestate.com.au and realcommercial.com.au, along with European sites casa.it, atHome.lu, atOffice.lu, atHome.de and immoRegion.fr.
“This is an exciting time for our business as iProperty Group’s local market expertise is second to none. Our teams will be working closely together to tap into the needs of buyers throughout the region and deliver even more value to our customers and consumers through our shared capabilities and resources,” Holmes says.
In late 2014, REA Group took a 20 per cent shareholding in Move.com, a leading real estate advertising business in the United States, with the remaining 80 per cent of Move Inc. held by News Corp.
Holmes believes the group’s expanding global presence and focus on delivering exceptional consumer and customer experiences, provides great opportunity for future growth.
“REA Group now provides a range of premium property listings as well as products for markets adjacent to property such as utility connections and advertising solutions for property developers and display media advertisers,” he says.
“We are also a market-leading publisher of specialist property insights and guides via our realestate.com.au blog.
“REA Group is continuing to look at the market and create the experiences, functionality and products that are going to deliver most value across our growing international network,” Holmes says.