Trevo is operated by Future Mobility Solutions Sdn Bhd, which is a fully-owned subsidiary of SoCar Mobility Malaysia Sdn Bhd. SoCar is currently 60% owned by SK Holdings while the remaining 40% is owned by SoCar Korea.
According to Trevo, car ownership in Malaysia is amongst the highest in the region with 93% of households owning at least one car and 54% of households own multiple cars. They added that with real wage growth slowing down, car ownership is becoming a financial burden.
With Trevo, car owners can alleviate their financial burden by making money from sharing their vehicles when it is not in use.
For hosts, Trevo says that you can cover your car’s monthly installment by sharing the car for at least 6-8 days per month. Hosts are given the flexibility to choose their own pricing as long as it falls within the recommended pricing band that’s suggested by Trevo’s algorithm.
Read more here