New Hitwise figures released by Singaporean portal propertyguru.com.sg confirm its place as the market leader and give an idea of where its competitor websites are placed.
According to the figures, the top 10 Singaporean property websites by share of page impressions is as follows:
1. propertyguru.com.sg - 27.36%
2. hdb.gov.sg - 21.47% (Singaporean Government Housing & Development Board)
3. sg-house.com - 10.42%
4. iproperty.com.sg - 6.76%
5. stars.gov.sg - 5.22 % (Singapore Titles Automated Registration System)
6. realestate.com.au - 2.90%
7. agentnet.propertyguru.com.sg - 2.76%
8. singaporeexpats.com - 2.20%
9. inlis.gov.sg - 1.76% (Singapore Land Authority Integrated Land Information Service)
10. nationproperty.com.sg - 1.41%
While Hitwise figures are regularly quoted by websites to confirm their market position, not everyone is convinced by the company's analytics methods. A recent blog post by comScore's director of industry analysis goes into detail about the differences between the methods used by Hitwise, comScore, and Nielsen NetRatings, calling US-based data from Hitwise on Google's market share into question.
Nevertheless, the fact that propertyguru.com.sg was named one of the fastest rising Singaporean websites in Google's Zeitgeist report for 2009 adds weight to the argument that the portal is in fact top of its market.
propertyguru.com.sg currently states that it sees over 1.3 million property hunters on its website each month, and generates over 100,000 leads for its advertisers. The portal says these figures are based on data from Hitwise, Google Insights, and alexa.com.