Awfis’ CEO Amit Ramani believes that co-habitation is the future of real estate. Awfis recently raised $20 million in funding, expecting to increase their current co-habitation options by 20,000 seats in the coming months.
“The funding has enabled us to step-up our presence across the major cities – Chennai which will be operational in January 2018, Chandigarh, Kochi, among others. There is uberisation of real estate and hence we are hopeful to grow in tier 2 cities as well,” says Ramani.
“While 85% of these spaces are in Tier 1 cities like Mumbai, Delhi and Bengaluru, the remaining 15% are based in Tier 2 cities. It is about enabling a good working experience for the present generation professionals by taking care of all the important aspects to serve a customer – Engagement, Enablement, and Experience.”
Awfis plans to expand to a wide variety of cities, allowing startups, corporations, and other smaller work groups to rent out spaces. Ramani believes that co-habitation will allow new ideas to be born, with different industries swapping ideas while working next to each other.