While it is true, and many of you will agree, not all call to action design works, nor does it guarantee a lead for your customers. But what can’t be denied is that it works more than a design that does not have a call to action. So what things should you look for in your existing design?
- Size in this case does matter: Make your button big or at the very least they should stand out. The button (action trigger) should be the first thing that your eyes go to on the page.
- The Clean Look: OK, think Apple and Google, these sites employ special effect to bring more attention to the items that are on the page. More is less here.
- Above the fold: Again remember that the important information should be right there and visible to your customers as soon as they arrive to the page. A submit bottom should be above the fold always.
- Text not graphic: Real customers are looking for information not pictures, give them what they need quickly and easily.
- Interactive Effect: These are very effective, but should be used with care. No more than one per page, and no more than three per site.
- Multiple calls to action on a page: This is a no-no, you want your customer to do one thing on a page. If you have more than one call to action on any one page then it’s time to re-design.
So what single point should you take away from this? Property Portal Websites have one goal, to provide leads for their customers. Call to action on each page should be geared to this simple and most important goal.