US property portal, GayRealEstate.com, the first site focusing exclusively on the LGBT community’s real estate needs, has been launched.
Jeffery Hammerberg, President/Founder of GayRealEstate.com recognised a need for such a portal while he was a real estate agent himself: “During my career I witnessed people being victimized the minute an agent realized a client didn’t fit their idea of societal normalcy. Viewed as second-class citizens, LGBT individuals were often treated less openly and fairly, and made to feel generally less than welcome.”
“Being a gay man and an open-minded person, I knew not all agents were like this, and came across agents that restored my faith in the industry and the nation at large. It was these experiences that helped me realize that by creating a database of Gay, Lesbian and Gay Friendly Realtors, I could prevent other LGBT individuals avoid discrimination and enjoy a smooth process, when buying or selling a home. And so, gayrealestate.com was born,” writes Hammerberg.
- Instant free access to the nation’s top gay realtors and gay real estate agents.
- 100% Confidentiality. A customer’s information is never shared with anyone except the chosen gay realtor.
- Pre-screened gay realtors who have been rated by past customer experience.
- Users have free access to all listings in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- Informative articles about the home purchasing process, regions to buy in, tips on how to choose the right agent, etc.
- Free Relocation Guide offered, including:
– Local LGBT Resources
– Access to Multi-List / Homes For Sale
– Community & Neighborhood Information
– Employment & Education Opportunities
– Childcare / Youth Opportunities
– Shopping and Entertainment
– Other information you request
GayRealEstate.com is gay owned and operated, donating a portion of their revenue to National and Local LGBT Organizations / Events.