The forthcoming Property Portal Watch conference is just 6 weeks away and places are filling up fast.
I am delighted to see the attendee list span the globe with representatives of businesses from over 20 countries representing over 30 portals. We have CEO’s and Founders from the leading portals as well as the new startups and developing market players (although these days most markets are well into development).
I am working with speakers and contributors to develop the detailed agenda and am excited by the content.
- We are sure to have some robust discussion around subjects such as Big Data – how can portals leverage the data they collect and aggregate to drive new business and secure vital differentiation. Equally where are the pitfalls in Big Data, just because the cost of storage and computing power is heading to zero may not always mean that you should collect everything.
- The topic of social media feels like it was last-years topic but to my mind we have yet to fully tackle it in terms of the direct consumers as property shoppers as well as the relationship with customers – agents and their clients. We will look at tools and practices as well as debate and discuss experiences.
- We are going to look into the key revenue drivers of the bottom line – were is the margin within the role of portals as advertising platforms for property marketing? and also to explore how the portal with its insight and knowledge as well as consumer relationship can develop new revenue streams, especially working with 3rd party companies.
- We need to keep abreast of the developing platform or technology asking how systems and operations can be outsourced to drive margin but also look to where emerging threats my appear that could erode the unique position of portals, as ever we know if you are not moving forward to meet the needs of consumers you are at threat of being attacked by a new competitor.
- We could not have a portal conference without reference to mobile. The concept of mobile first thinking seems to be a wish rather than an imperative and we review and discuss the latest range of apps from around the world and then debate where are the gaps and opportunities for new development and integration, especially as mobile moves from handheld to wearable.
Just a selection of content from what is sure to be a rewarding and engaging full day in San Francisco, so if you have a passion for the property portal industry you need to join us.
Register today as spaces are filling up fast and we have to restrict numbers to 100 and we are closing in on that total. Also don’t forget that to take advantage of the early-bird discount of just US$150 (saving $100) you need to register by the end of this week (31st May).