A world leading provider of end-to-end automotive cybersecurity prevention solutions, Karamba Security has recently announced it will be collaborating with semiconductor vendor Micron Technology to enhance security hardening for the automotive market. Together, they expect to leverage the Micron® Authenta™ security architecture in Karamba’s Electronic Control Unit (ECU) hardening and CAN Bus encryption software. This will create an optimized embedded security solution previously unavailable for the traditional in-vehicle model. This solution will influence the hardware security features in Authenta-enabled flash memory to improve the content created and run-time integrity while simplifying the platform security tools.
“Micron is a leading provider in the connected car ecosystem,” said Ami Dotan, Karamba Security’s co-founder and CEO. “When looking at the emerging autonomous vehicle architecture we all know security needs to be enhanced. We are proud to join forces with Micron to improve out-of-the-box security when hardening crucial in-vehicle units to ensure consumer safety.”
“Cybersecurity has become a critical concern for our automotive customers as the market transitions to the era of connected vehicles and emerging autonomous vehicles. Cybersecurity issues are complex and require a combination of hardware and software technologies to be closely integrated to simplify implementation, adoption and solution hardening,” said Giorgio Scuro, vice president of the Automotive Division at Micron. “We are pleased to team with Karamba, who has a strong fit with our Authenta security ecosystem, and who shares our vision of simplifying adoption of enhanced security solutions by our customers.”
The Karamba technology integration with Micron leverages industry-standard cryptographic primitives in silicon available uniquely on Micron’s Authenta-enabled flash memory. When Karamba automatically creates a security policy for run-time integrity validation and binary whitelists, it leverages the Authenta-enabled flash memory device to attest to the integrity of these critical elements through authenticated commands and cryptographic measurements. This advanced implementation provides a higher level of resiliency while keeping the performance level the industry has come to expect from Karamba hardening solutions.
Key advantages of this announcement:
- Out-of-the-box integration between Karamba end-to-end protection and Micron® Authenta™ security architecture
- Higher level of security and resiliency while maintaining 100 percent of Karamba’s software real-time prevention capabilities against zero-day exploits
- Zero false positives; no lengthy process of detect-investigate-respond for critical attacks
- Seamless and rapid integration into any ECU code, without developer intervention, avoiding time-to-market delays
- Trustworthiness of critical code and policy data based on silicon roots of trust and built-in measurements in Authenta-enabled flash devices
- Security hardening leveraging flash memory—a socket that already exists in all main automotive electronic platforms—eliminating need to add additional hardware components for security and reducing architectural fragmentation
Karamba Security was recently selected by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor for IoT Cybersecurity 2018” where its accomplishments in the automotive industry were considered an important factor for the technology that could potentially utilize in other verticals.
SOURCE Karamba Security
Edited by Victoria Haviland
Join us in Miami from the 20th to the 22nd of June for the Global Online Marketplaces Summit. Our summit theme is From Classifieds to Marketplaces – Capturing Value from the Transaction and we’ll hear from Global Leaders who are creating the Online Marketplaces of Tomorrow.