MagicBricks.com conducted a number of surveys and sought user feedback of how it can provide more value to users of the Decor section. And this revamp has been done in line with user expectations for a site of this nature.
The New Decor section comes rebuilt in time with the festive season, when buyers have moved into their new homes and are usually making the small but significant alterations and improvements to their new accommodations.
The Top Four New Feature Enhancements of Decor are:
1. A Brand New Look and Feel – everything from UI, page structure, content and layout has been enhanced for easier access and more intuitive navigation. There is a greater focus on graphics orientated towards “images” with a visual appeal.
2. Social Media and Sharing Links have been deeply integrated into the website. Share concepts, ideas and images of what we like with our friends and family instantly is a tremendous value add. When coupled with the new visual focus of the site it leads to a multiplier effect driving content consumption amongst users.
3. Wider Range – More Choice – Greater Clarity with 16 New Focus Categories. While the old site covered just 5 sections of Interiors, the new section covers the entire suite –with 16 focus categories across Home Improvements, Paints, Walls, Furniture & Fixtures, Flooring, Fabric & Linen, Accessories, Lights, Home Security, Home Services, Ideas For You, Themes & Trends, Season & Festive Ideas, Space Management, Kitchen, Bath Fittings & Sanitary-ware, Vaastu – Feng Shui and even Do It Yourself Projects
4. Creating Conversations around Content – The Expert Tips & Insights in hundreds of articles provide the backbone to the new site. Users are able to comment on articles and create conversations around topics of mutual relevance with other users as well, greatly enhancing the value of the content that the site provides for users. Content will be further augmented the content in coming days and you will see many more hundreds of relevant articles added every month from now onwards.
Three Significant Upcoming Features on the New Decor Section of MagicBricks.com:
- Live Chat Sessions with renowned Interior Designers; Category Experts
- Greater localisation of content and resources – drilling down to provide even greater granularity and customisation
- Seminars, Exhibitions and other ground events to provide face-to-face interactions
Speaking at the re-launch, Sudhir Pai, Business Head, MagicBricks.com explained: “The effort of the new Decor section is to provide our users with more than just the primary services of buying or renting a house – we are going to support our users all the way right upto “styling up the home” that they have found through us. Décor also helps us engage with our users on an ongoing basis instead of just limiting ourselves to the “property search” period. There aren’t too many organized players in this space in India and we hope that Décor, leveraging the big reach of Magicbricks, will position itself at the top”.