Nearly three-fourths of home buyers in India rate convenience as a critical factor in their property purchase decision. However, ‘convenience’ means different things to different people. For some, walking to work is the definition of convenience whereas, for others, proximity of basic amenities like hospitals, schools, public transport etc. defines convenience.
Keeping in mind the need and requirement of home buyers, Makaan.com has launched a new map-based property search for the Indian buyers. The map-based search uses Google maps API for displaying properties available for buying and renting. The new initiative is complementary to the current “list based search” and includes many features that are being introduced in the Indian property market for the first time
The map-based search can be broadly divided into the three sections:
Section I: Display of properties on the map
- Home buyers get a view of all available properties in a given geographical area, location or a city. The screen grab given below shows the available properties for sale in Gurgaon.
- If you take your mouse over any property, a model dialogue box appears that gives the basic information about the property, namely, property image, property size, price & rate in per square feet etc.
- If you like any property, you can get more details by clicking on the property icon. The details include additional details provided by seller, list of available amenities and a detailed property description.
- Apart from property details important information with respect to Neighborhood, Commute and Directions are displaced for the benefit of buyers.
- ‘Neighborhood’ includes information regarding hospitals, schools, ATMs and malls located around the property.
- ‘Commute’ helps buyers to locate the nearby public transport like Railways, Bus stands and Metro stations.
- ‘Directions’ allow the buyer to find route to reach the property from any other location in the city i.e., directions from office or kids’ school to the property.
Section II: List View of property on the map
- Home buyers can see all the properties on the map in the traditional list view as well on the left hand side. This has been provided for the benefit of users who prefer this interface and may take time some time to get familiarized with the map interface.
- If a home buyer takes his mouse on a property (in the list view), it simultaneously gets highlighted on the map to enable the buyer locate the property.
- Initially, no more than 50 properties are shown in the list and map view; however, there is an option to view the next sets of 50 properties.
- If a buyer is more comfortable with the map view, the list view can be closed to view enlarged map.
Section III: Legends for Neighborhood, Commute and BHK
- These legends for Neighborhood and Commute can be used to find hospitals, schools, ATMs, Malls and commuting option that are available in the area visible on the map. This gives an idea of the facilities so that a buyer is able to compare them with the facilities available in other areas.
- Lastly, the BHK legend gives the freedom to the user to filter the displayed properties on the basis of the number of bedrooms (which is among the key consideration for a home buyer)
Here’s what a Makaan.com interactive map looks like with a search set up for properties for buying in Delhi/NCR.