Fujitsu has carried out a study in collaboration with the PAC consultancy where 1,278 senior decision-makers from organizations and the public sector in Europe have been interviewed, including Spain, Oceania, and North America. From this, important information has been extracted on how the CxO plan to close the digital divide in their current work environment and how they design their strategy in response to business demands in 2025.
Globally, the results reveal that 66% of respondents have less than 10% of their workforce on a temporary or freelance basis. So everything points that companies will begin to introduce organizational changes that make flexible work a reality, especially because what the new generations seek is a balance between work and personal life. In fact, 70% of companies say they will implement corporate policies to improve the reconciliation of their employees.
Regarding Spain, 80% state that their current practices are not flexible enough to get the best out of their work, while more than 92% say that current technology is retaining the creativity and productivity of employees. Therefore, from Fujitsu they assure that intelligent virtual assistants will become a key point and biometric authentication will provide a more effective and less intrusive security approach.
In this sense, the study points out that one of the key success factors to support remote work is to allow effective collaboration. In line with this, 59% of companies globally acknowledge having implemented the latest generation of tools based on collaboration, but for the remaining 41%, which have not yet done, security concerns are a big point of blocking.
Of these, 46% cite it as the main barrier, above cost (32%). In addition, 52% of companies incorporate cloud models in their strategy and in Spain up to 55%. Hence, according to the report, in 2025 virtual meetings will replace daily trips, office buildings will become truly intelligent and environmental, allowing remote work and collaboration.
In line with this, 30% of Spanish business and IT leaders admit that their current approach is having a negative impact on their ability to adapt to a changing environment. And one of the most important aspects to highlight is cybersecurity, which acts as a brake on productivity: 71% say it is worrisome and that it produces a high negative impact.
Security, therefore, becomes a priority for 55% and, in fact, most companies plan to implement biometric technologies, contextual and behavioral analytics to offer a more effective and less intrusive authentication approach. 92% will look for a partner to carry it out.
On the other hand, the report points out that “global crowdsourcing will promote a new era of scale”, although the reality is that 74% of those surveyed globally say that, to date, their current workplace infrastructure does not have a highly impact positive in its ability to innovate with businesses outside of its organization.
Also, only 10% of respondents claim to have a knowledge management system for all employees, who are encouraged to use it. 52% use it in some business areas and 29% are still considering putting the strategy into operation, compared to 9% who do not have any. In Spain, with only 15% and France with 14% are the countries in which companies are more delayed in this regard.
Finally, it is ensured that changes in demographic patterns will have a great impact on the future of the job. About 77% of the study participants believe that generational diversity will be one of the three main trends to shape their workplace strategy. In fact, in our country, 70% are already working to achieve a more agile and convincing work experience, while 43% are laying the foundations to improve the exchange of knowledge between generations.
The above article was written and published in Spanish and has been translated into English. Click here to read the original article.
Join us in Bangkok from the 28th of February to the 1st of March for the 22nd Property Portal Watch Conference. The theme for this year is The Future of Online Real Estate Marketing – Getting Closer to the Transaction.