We are holding the 12th Property Portal Watch conference in Barcelona from the 1st to 3rd October. This conference follows on from our highly successful conferences in Barcelona in November 2013, New York in January 2014, and Singapore in May 2014.
Last year we held our 9th Conference in Barcelona and had over 220 people attend from 45 different countries. This year we already have over 150 registered from 30 different countries and we expected to have well over 300 attending this year.
This conference brings together C-Level management from market leading property portals around the world to discuss the main issues facing their businesses. We use a series of peer based presentations and open panel discussions to get to the heart of these core issues.
Theme for the Conference
The theme for this conference is “What is next for property portals?”
Back in the early 2000′s no one gave much thought to the online classifieds industry let alone the property portal segment. However, over the last 15 years the industry has emerged to be a highly valuable one with the market cap of sites such as the REA Group, Rightmove, Trulia, Zillow and Soufun in the USD billions.
Investors are now rushing into all markets looking for the next big thing. For example the iProperty Group in South East Asia is valued at USD 600m. However, not all markets are the same and many of the emerging and early stage markets will not be as valuable as investors hope.
This conference is about looking to the future. It is about exploring where the mature markets will go and what it means for those property portals while helping those in the early stage and emerging markets to learn from their mature cousins while tailoring these learnings to their particular market circumstances.
We will send out some more information on the agenda later this week.
So Who is Attending?
We always have a wide range of attendees including:
- Portals from market leaders such as ImmobilienScout24 and the REA Group to new up-start portals in emerging countries
- Vertical search companies such as Mitula and Trovit
- Property portal accelerators such as ListGlobally and Diakrit
We already have over 150 registered from companies such as:
- 99acres – the leader in India
- Allhomes.com.au – Australia
- Idealista – the leader in Spain
- Immobiliare – the leader in Italy
- Immoweb – the leader in Belgium
- Zameen – the leader in Pakistan
- Funda – the leader in the Netherlands
- Zoopla – the #2 in the UK
- Propertyfinder.ae – the leader in the UAE
- Myhome – the leader in Ireland
- Plus many more …