Private Property‘s mission is to be the best digital marketing platform for estate agents and private sellers, and all the other players in the property industry.
Recently, the company built a network of professional virtual tour photographers, which enables it to service customers countrywide within a reasonable turnaround time.
Private Property’s photographers drive over 30,000km and film more than 1,000 virtual tours a month. Added to this, the virtual tours are manually stitched, which ensures the best quality for its browsers and estate agent partners.
The virtual tours offer …
- A better visual experience – potential buyers get better quality information from listings.
- Higher ranking – quality listings mean a higher ranking on search results and notifications.
- More views – higher rankings mean more potential buyers see the listings.
- Added online exposure – Virtual tours are converted to videos and uploaded to YouTube – the world’s biggest search engine after Google.
- More leads – more potential buyers see the listings so more leads are generated.
- A better strike rate – a quality listing generates quality leads.
- Saves time and money – agents spend less driving around with potential buyers who aren’t sure about what they want.
- Better turnaround time – shortens the time between the first introduction to a property to signing the contract with the buyer.
- Floor plan – all Private Property virtual tours have a floor plan included, giving browsers quality content.
The property portal says that the service comes at a great price, and that it is lower than the average rate in the industry.
The below graph depicts the average number of leads for properties listed on the Private Property site with virtual tours compared to properties without virtual tours.
Private Property’s virtual tours are compatible with most systems and browsers. The list includes: Mobile Safari on iOS devices, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Safari and soon they should also be available on all android devices.
Source: Private Property
Edited by Gordana Davila
I like this approach as it ensures that the consumer experience is optimised. All portals face the self-same issue that the consumer experience is to a large extent in the hands of the agents as the extent of images and quality of images is their responsibility. As much as portals can create the platform to showcase the large images matched to floor plans and interactive tours, if the agents don’t embrace such technology enhancements the consumer experience can be undermined.
Taking the issue into their own hands Private Property have tried to ensure that this does not happen and can be a competitive advantage, especially when it comes to property being marketed by the homeowners as a FSBO listing. It remind me of the situation in NZ where in the case of Trade Me Property which listed FSBO – the quality and number of photos was often better than photos provided by a licensed agents for similar property!!