Saba Software, a leading global provider of personalized talent experience solutions, is taking home three Brandon Hall Group (BHG) Excellence in Technology Awards, presented at the HCM Excellence Conference and Gala.
Several Saba customers including BJC, Sentrilock, Vodafone and Yum! Brands will also be recognized for their achievements in advancing talent excellence.
Learning that drives insights and outcomes in Saba Cloud
Gold: Best Advance in Learning Measurement/Business Impact
Advances in Saba Cloud analytics garnered a Gold in this category, giving customers new ways to demonstrate the value and effectiveness of their learning and development programs:
- New analytics across the talent experience drive better business decision-making for all users.
- Advanced employee sentiment and pulse reports give leaders at all levels real-time insights into employee feedback on learning and development experiences.
- Enhanced analytics give learning leaders improved visualization of key organizational governance and compliance metrics in the flow of work.
Saba TalentLink delivers engaging recruitment experiences
Silver: Best Advance in Candidate Experience Management Technology
Saba TalentLink received Silver for delivering new innovations that personalize the candidate experience and provide a digital interactive showcase for employer brand:
- Customers can use in-app embedded video to advertise roles, showcase their employer brand and personalize candidate applications.
- Clients can now use TalentLink to integrate almost any gamification application into the candidate journey and provide games, behavioral quizzes and even policy-related challenges to engage candidates and aid in selection.
- Career sites built in TalentLink are embedded with the intelligent automation that will geo-localize search results for candidates, presenting the best roles by location and experience.
Saba Cloud advances talent development outside the enterprise
Bronze: Best Advance in Learning Management Technology for External Training
Saba Cloud Extended Enterprise is recognized with a bronze award, for helping organizations use their extended networks to grow brand recognition, as a recruiting strategy, or as a training business:
- Saba's depth and strength in learning helps organizations successfully extend knowledge transfer to a wide variety of external groups such as suppliers, partners, distributers, franchises, customers, and the general public.
- A collaborative platform reinforces learning through group discussion and informal active learning, and rewards encourage and motivate learners to achieve badges and points.
- Learning transforms from a cost center to a profit center with capabilities to monetize external learning and the support for purchasing workflows.
Saba customers recognized for Excellence in Human Capital Management:
- Gold: Best Advance in Compliance Training will be awarded to Vodafone, for its innovative, gamified training program to help employees behave more responsibly and ethically on a day-to-day basis.
- Silver: Best Advance in Performance Management, goes to SentriLock for the company's focus on building a sustainable organization and improving employee retention through career development mapping.
- Bronze: Best New Hire Onboarding Program, is being awarded BJC Healthcare who have integrated personalized learning and development programs for all new hires to drive engagement and retention from day one.
- Bronze: Best Use of Games and Simulations for Learning, goes to Yum! Brands for their innovative use of gamification to drive learner engagement across 45,000 locations in 135 countries.
"Our HCM Awards program evaluates not just the solution, but the benefits to the human capital management function, the business and the customer. That is the ultimate differentiator — positive business impact," said Rachel Cooke, Brandon Hall Group Chief Operating Officer and head of the Technology Awards Program. "Saba's product recognition and the success of their clients in achieving these awards is a testament to Saba's commitment to connecting talent innovation with business value."
SOURCE Brandon Hall Group and Saba