Trulia launched its iPhone app in 2008, enabling consumers to find homes to buy or rent while on the go. Since then they have made many updates, incorporated new features and expanded their mobile suite.
The company has gone from one iPhone app, dedicated to only searching for a home, to six different iOS apps aimed for renters, agents, iPad owners and two additional apps, strictly devoted to its mortgage tools. Now Trulia has fully revamped the original iPhone app.
The navigation has been completely updated with a Facebook-style menu that includes quick links to popular areas like homes for sale, homes for rent, open houses, my saves, and more.
The new features include:
– Color-coded markers to easily distinguish the newest properties on the market: Black represents new, unviewed homes, while a grey marker denotes that users have already seen a property.
– School and amenity markers—which were previously only visible on property pages—are displayed right on the map results page, giving users more inside scoop upfront. This new feature can be utilized in both satellite and hybrid view.
– Updated property pages which allow users to get the inside scoop on median prices and school ratings for any city.
Trulia also revealed new social media features on the Trulia for Agents mobile app to help real estate professionals establish themselves as experts in their local market and attract more buyers for their property listings.
The app enables listing check-ins and property insights to be shared by agents through Facebook and Twitter, as well as on their Trulia profile with the click of a button.
The app’s social features also enable agents to receive immediate inquiries from both consumers and agents. When a home is checked-in to, alerts are instantly sent allowing for real-time communication between the listing and buyer’s agents. During 2012, for-sale listings on Trulia that were checked-in to received twice as many views as listings that did not have check-ins.
“Property listings with check-ins benefit from the added exposure, receiving double the views from potential home buyers who can now discover properties shared by their agent,” said Heather Fernandez, Trulia’s Vice President of Agent Services. “With the Trulia for Agents mobile app, agents can build their online presence, connect with customers, and boost their productivity all from their mobile phone, ultimately helping them provide better service to their customers and close more deals.”
In addition to the social functionality, the Trulia for Agents App includes key tools for managing a real estate business, including lead notifications and contact management. Other features include:
- Converting Leads. Agents get notified instantly with every new lead so they can respond quickly.
- Connecting with clients. Agents can easily share homes they tour with prospective buyers on-the-go.
- Displaying Local Expertise: Allows Agents to showcase their knowledge and activity in their local market.
- Staying informed. Listing agents can gather feedback and communicate with buyer agents as they show the listing.
You can download the new iPhone app here.
The Trulia for Agents mobile app is available for free from the Apple App Store and the Android Market. For more details click here.