More than 20 years ago Autotrader arrived on the scene as the first nationwide online car shopping site, and in 2018 it’s ready for a makeover. The transformation will be year-long and include more personalized shopping as well as optimized speeds for the customer, alongside true price confidence for consumers. These enhancements aim to bring more engagement as well as higher quality leads and sales for dealers and clients alike.
“Car shoppers have set clear expectations of how they like to shop and transact online: to have a trusted and transparent experience that’s fast and enjoyable,” said Jessica Stafford, senior vice president and general manager of Autotrader. “At Autotrader, we’ve made bigger, smarter and bolder investments to create a more modern and complete digital shopping experience that will improve site satisfaction with consumers and generate more opportunities for dealers to connect with local, ready-to-buy shoppers.”
The following enhancements will deliver solutions that better serve Autotrader’s consumers and clients:
- Seamless Shopping Across Device: Shopping all the cars on Autotrader will be easier than ever before with a sleek new look that is consistent across desktop, tablet and mobile, offering faster loading times and a more efficient shopping journey that connects more consumers with the cars they want to buy.
- Price Confidence with Kelley Blue Book® Price Advisor: Autotrader will be the only third-party car shopping site to feature the Kelley Blue Book® Fair Market Range on all eligible vehicle inventory listings, giving car shoppers the confidence to purchase with expert, up-to-date and data-driven pricing information from the industry’s most trusted resource.
- Online Deal Making: Through digital retailing, Autotrader is providing all-new opportunities to move shoppers from searching to buying when they are ready, empowering consumers to start the deal online, reducing the time it takes to complete the purchase, and making it faster and easier than ever for dealers to close sales.
- Refined Search Experience: A modernized search experience to drive relevance and speed – up to 25 percent faster – will sort listings by shopper search criteria, previous shopping history, and a combination of distance, value and merchandising. Increased user engagement and enhanced inventory results will help shoppers find what they are looking for sooner, connecting them to nearby dealers.
- Personalized Shopper Content: For an even more personalized connection with today’s car shopper, Autotrader will leverage the power of Cox Automotive data to provide every visitor with a personalized, frictionless experience that will help them find the right car and feel confident in their choice.
Starting in January, Autotrader will launch its new mobile homepage, and further updates will go live regularly throughout the rest of the calendar year of 2018.
Edited by: K. Fanning
Join us in Bangkok from the 28th of February to the 1st of March for the 22nd Property Portal Watch Conference. The theme for this year is The Future of Online Real Estate Marketing – Getting Closer to the Transaction.