US online real estate investment management firm HomeUnion has raised $16 million in Series B funding.
Based in Irvine, California, HomeUnion has thousands of fully managed rental homes available for sale in 17 markets nationwide.
The company says its platform provides services to help individuals invest remotely in single-family rental (SFR) properties using a combination of data-driven proprietary analytics to incorporate over 120 million and 200,000 neighborhoods into a database which delivers solutions to an on-the-ground infrastructure.
“HomeUnion’s role spans the lifecycle of the investment transaction, from identifying sound investments, to handling all aspects of acquisition, maximizing income, protecting asset value and selling it when the time comes,” says HomeUnion CEO Don Ganguly.
To date, HomeUnion has received a total of $23 million in funding from venture capital firms and closed more than $50 million in real estate transactions.
Its most recent capital raising attracted new investors Colchis Capital, Northgate Capital, and Tamarisc with participation from Artiman.
“This latest infusion of capital will help us provide seamless, personalized service throughout the entire life cycle of an online real estate transaction,” Don Ganguly says.
“The funding enables us to continue offering the most transparent data, research and analytics on the SFR investment market and to develop more online tools to analyze the performance of rental homes on a granular level by neighborhood.”
The company handles all aspects of the real estate investment transaction. The HomeUnion.com platform:
- Selects personalized portfolios of high-quality, pre-vetted rental properties based upon investor needs and risk profile.
- Identifies the best funding source for an investor whether that’s cash, an IRA or financing, and then facilitates the entire process.
- Acquires property on behalf of the investor and completes all documentation online.
- Directs property management duties through its in-house Asset Management division.
- Monitors detailed property information and return analysis.
- Helps the investor decide on the right time to sell through the use of data science.
Artiman partner Akhil Saklecha says HomeUnion has disrupted real estate investing by creating an end-to-end investing experience that’s unencumbered by geographical barriers.
“Its hands-off approach allows investors to buy properties remotely like stocks or bonds, making real estate investing a viable alternative to build wealth,” Saklecha says.