It’s that time of the year where companies across the globe are reporting on their Q4 FY20. One such is Russia horizontal, Yandex N.V., the parent company of Auto.ru, Yandex.Realty and Yandex.Jobs, which saw a revenue uptick of 7%. The company also reported that its adjusted earnings for the same period are $0.23 per share, while Zacks Consensus Estimate was projected at a loss of $0.04 per share. In fact, the figure dropped 14.8% and 8%, year-over-year.
Highlights of the report include:
- Total online advertising revenues were RUB 38.4 billion (54% of total revenues), reflecting a growth of 12% year-over-year.
- The segment generated RUB 37.1 billion revenues (51.8% of total revenues), up 8% year-over-year.
- The adjusted net income margin was 8.8% (160 bps year-over-year).
- Operating margin came in at 6.1% (340 bps year-over-year).
- The adjusted EBITDA margin was 19.6% (600 bps year-over-year).
- Operating expenses (as a percentage of revenues) were 93.9% (340 bps year-over-year).
- Total traffic acquisition costs amounted to RUB 5.9 billion, down 9% year-over-year (430 bps year-over-year).
Other company financial reports compared to Yandex put the Russian horizontal in the middle. Scout24 reported revenue growth of 1.2%, and Adevinta’s Q4 results show its revenue is down 2%. Japanese company Lifull has already reported its Q1 results, saying its revenue is down 10%.