OnTheMarket Completes Glanty Acquisition

March 22, 2021
Share this Post: 

After over a year of planning, OnTheMarket has completed its purchase of proptech company, Glanty, the operator of the rental platform teclet. 

In December of 2019, OnTheMarket offered a 20% stake in Glanty. The most recent statement was sent to the London Stock Exchange by newly appointed OTM CEO, Jason Tebb, confirming that the remaining 80% of shares has the go-ahead, pending certain conditions. The deal is set to complete by the end of May. 

Tebb explained: 

"As part of our strategy, we’ll be integrating Glanty’s products into our offering to create even better value for residential sales agents and lettings agents. By building tools and providing best-in-class software, we’ll support increased efficiencies within their businesses that will assist agents in gaining a competitive edge.”

Teclet has seen revenue, sales, and customer growth since the initial investment. 

Alan Blockley, CEO of Glanty, stated:

“We’re delighted that, having met Jason and after spending significant time understanding his vision for OnTheMarket’s future direction of travel, he shares our view that there is an opportunity for our software solutions, API partnerships, and product providers to integrate seamlessly with the portal, which will have significant benefits to estate agents and consumers.”

March 22, 2021
Victoria has been writing about property portals and marketplace sites for Online Marketplaces for over 3 years. She is also our resident artist and is responsible for all of the infographic content on the site.

Subscribe to our mailing list to get the famous, free Friday newsletter!

News and analysis to help build better online marketplace businesses, in your inbox, every Friday

Related News

Onthemarket Debt
OnTheMarket Launches First Majority Agent-Owned CRM

OnTheMarket has launched its own proprietary customer relationship management (CRM) platform for estate agents following a successful trial period. Dubbed...

Read More
Square Yards Construction 3
Square Yards Launches Commercial Real Estate Fractional Ownership Product to Indian Market

The diversified real estate marketplace company Square Yards has launched a fractional investment product to the Indian market. Offered through...

Read More
Rightmove
Rightmove CEO Sells More Shares Ahead of Retirement

Rightmove CEO Peter Brooks-Johnson has sold a portion of his shareholding in Rightmove ahead of his retirement next year. A...

Read More
Visual Guide Uk 1
Ultimate Visual Guide to Property Portals in the UK

The UK's property market is an interesting one: powered by a mammoth portal, flush with challengers and regional portals to...

Read More

Editor's Pick