You don’t need to study consumer behavior to notice what is becoming the new norm when it comes to what and how users search and select homes. Zillow has gathered data on this behavior and compiled a list of the top 10 home trends we can expect in 2021.
Top 10 Home Trends in 2021
- Zoom Rooms: Personalized office spaces within a home
- ‘Homecation’ Amenities: Creative ways to make a home more enjoyable to be in for longer stretches of time
- Intergenerational Living: Family members moving in together
- Gourmet Kitchens: As new cooking hobbies gain popularity, homeowners are looking for more well-equipped kitchens
- Backyard Oasis: Heightened need for a safe and functional yard
- Smart and Safe Tech: Smart home technology is being used to help homes stay germ-free
- Small City Living: Increased remote work leads people to moving to more rural areas with less population
- Health and Wellness at Home: People across the country quickly adapted to rapidly changing restrictions, creating fitness clubs or mental wellness spaces in their homes
- Pet-Friendly Living: Remote work means people can give more time to taking care of pets
- Rise in Demand for New Construction: Home construction is up 48%, according to Zillow data
Zillow is always at the forefront of innovation for the real estate industry. Other portals would be wise to keep these 10 trends in mind to keep up with the very specific demands a post-Covid market brings.