Rent.com.au has recently announced changes to boost its leading bond payment product, offering new interest-free and fee free period to help rents when moving between houses
Highlights for property managers:
- The 21-day interest-free period means renters can fund their new bond at no cost, while they’re waiting on their previous bond to be returned.
- If they repay the full amount within 21 days (for example, when they’ve got their previous bond back), then they will not be charged any interest or fees.
- All successful applicants will have passed affordability and credit checks.
- No extra paperwork or processes required from the property manager.
- Option to pay the bond directly to agent’s trust account, to the relevant bond authority or the renter.
Rent.com.au CEO Greg Bader said trying to synchronise paying for your new bond whilst waiting for the return of your old one is near-impossible for many renters and can place extra pressure on the agents.
“In many cases, people need to pay their new bond before they’ve completed the exit process from their last property.
“Our new RentBond 21-day interest-free period is the perfect solution – it lets them secure their new place and pay us back when their bond is returned, helping take the time pressure off all parties, and no interest and no fees attached.”
— Rent.com.au CEO Greg Bader
The bond payment solution is just one of rent.com.au’s products and services that make the renting process easier for agents, tenants and landlords. RentBond helps renters cover their bond and moving costs (up to $10,000) while they’re waiting for their bond refund from their previous rental.
Read more here
Join us November 13-15 for the Property Portal Watch Conference Madrid 2019.